John T. Drake
Business & Commercial Law
Labor & Employment
Litigation & Appellate
John's practice focuses on litigation of complex civil cases. He frequently handles disputes arising from commercial transactions, employee discipline and terminations, sales and acquisitions of real property, and enforcement of trademarks and copyrights. John also has experience defending corporations in class action cases alleging violations of state and federal consumer protection laws. In his free time, John enjoys playing golf, fly fishing, sipping Scotch whisky, and spending time with his wife and their two canine companions.
- Washington State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., 2011, magna cum laude)
- University of Richmond (B.A., 2005, magna cum laude)
- Chavez v. Robinson, 817 F.3d 1162 (9th Cir. 2016)
Associations / Achievements
- Spokane County Bar Association
- Eastern District of Washington Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Selected as Washington Rising Star Attorney for General Litigation in 2017
- Hon. Thomas O. Rice, Chief District Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington (2012-2014)
- Keeping it Civil: Avoiding Criminal Penalties for Environmental Mistakes – Food & Beverage Environmental Conference, Coeur-d’Alene, Idaho (April 2016).
- First Amendment Issues in Transit Advertising – Washington State Transit Association Legal Affairs Committee CLE, Leavenworth, Washington (September 2017).
- Blacklist Backlash- Washington Supreme Court Expands Protections for Employees Pursuing Employment Discrimination Complaints – 2017